Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

December 5, 2010

Prayer Warriors

Tonight I received my monthly 'send me your prayer requests' email from my Mom.  At about the same time I was opening up my blog to begin my post for the night.  I was just starting to think about what to reflect on today when I got the email.  What great timing for a blog inspiration!

I have many prayer warriors who regularly pray for me and my family.  I'm very thankful for these people. One example from my band of warriors is a group of women my Mom has prayed with for a very long time.  A few of the women have moved away from Newtown, but still exchange prayer requests - specifically for their families/kids - each month.  So, around the first of every month, my Mom sends each of us kids an email asking for prayer requests and then she passes them along to these faithful women of prayer.  I'm so thankful to know they are consistently keeping us in prayer and have been doing so for many many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment