Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 4, 2011

8-5

I am extremely thankful for Ross's job which is truly a very normal 8-5 type of job.  Sometimes, he finds himself back on campus late in the evening to meet with students but he is usually home right on time and for that I am very grateful.  Tonight, Ross is holding a retreat for his student leaders, so he will be out until very late (or early depending on how you look at it :)) and E-man and I have successfully survived our long day and evening together (with a little outing to the mall with G-ma to break up the day and take a ride on the train that runs around the mall).  I am thankful for a pleasant day with no 'uh oh' times and I'm thankful that these kind of long days are very rare for our family.  What a blessing to Ross so available and present with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment