Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

February 14, 2011

I'm grateful for quite a few things today ... so I'll play catch up, list style:

1.  2/12/2011 - I'm extremely thankful for a fun-loving, deep-thinking,  service-oriented, God-honoring, care-giving, hard-working,  all around fantastic husband and dad to E-man on his 29th birthday!
2.  I'm thankful for the friends and family who helped us to celebrate Ross this weekend by eating ice cream cake, going bowling and out for pizza, calling, texting, sending cards, etc.  We are blessed to live near to such a great network of support and encouragement and to have family and friends who live far away, who take the time to help celebrate these special days, too.
3.  Date night!  WOOHOO!  Thanks Diane Manders, for watching E-man so we could go out to celebrate Ross and Valentine's Day.
4.  46 degree weather on Sunday led to my first outdoor walk-for-exercise in many months.  I don't mind the Club House and I'm thankful for the accessibility I have to indoor exercise equipment, but I REALLY LOVE EXERCISING OUTSIDE!! YAY!!!
5.  Love ... "We love because HE first loved us." Enough said?  Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment