Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 30, 2011

Anticipation

Sometimes (especially when the forecast for where I live is predicting the snowflakes for the next 2 days) it really helps to have really fun things to anticipate.   Last summer (minus a trip for just Ross and me to AZ) we stayed mostly close to home.  Summer in MN is gorgeous and we celebrated a few awesome weddings, but I really missed going to the beach (NOT the lake beach, the ocean beach).   I am thinking of creating a large paper chain to count down to our family vacations this summer.  You see, THIS summer, we have 2 really fabulous vacations we are planning for (saving for) and looking forward to very much!  Early in the summer we will be heading to CO with the Manders' family to enjoy God's creation in the mountains and a wonderful timeshare thanks to one of Jerry's relatives.  A few weeks later, my parents booked a shore house for 2 weeks in OCNJ!!  AH!!!!  I can hardly wait.  With piles of snow starring at me through my windows in these last days of March, summer is a season I am more grateful for than usual (even if it means tornado season is on its way).

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you to have two special vacations coming up. I know you'll have a marvelous time!

    ReplyDelete