Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 28, 2011

Thawing Out

So about this time last year (or maybe a month earlier) I remember writing a post similar to this one.

As I have been rather grumpy about our snow and cold temperatures, I was reminded in church yesterday, about how God desires for us to be CONTINUALLY grateful (even about the weather).  It's funny because on Saturday, I watched as the thermometer climbed to 37 degrees and since the boys were not home, I decided to go on a walk, because 37 is pretty toasty for us right now.  It was beautiful (albeit a tad on the chilly side).  As I was walking, I realized I was thankful for how this weather is delaying the start of tornado season in MN.  I am also thankful the cold temperatures are slowing down the flood waters, too, which is hopefully helping out many people who live in the flood zones of all of the rivers.

Today, as I was walking back from the clubhouse/doing my walking inside on the treadmill, I heard several birds chatting back and forth and a robin flew right in front of me.  If those aren't sounds of spring, I don't know what is!  So, I am making a choice to be grateful for the chorus of birds that sang to me as I walked home this morning.  While I might not yet be able to play at the park with E or feel the warm sun on my skin or do all of my exercising outdoors, God does provide those little signs of hope through his creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment