Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 31, 2011

Conversations Like This ...

I am thankful for the time I have been gifted to have conversations like this ... and that my little dude asks great questions that are fun to chat about ...

(Scene: I am walking into E's room to greet him after his nap.  He is still snuggly under his covers when he asks ...)

E: "Mama, will you sleep here with me?"
Me:  "Sure buddy!"
E: "Can we talk a little bit?"
Me:  "Absolutely! What do you want to talk about bud?"
E: "What's my little brother gonna look like?"
Me: "Well I'm not sure.  What do YOU think he's gonna look like?  Do you think he might look like you?"
E: "No, he's gonna look like Uncle Joshy!"  (sigh ... so precious!)

(Side note:  We will not find out what gender of baby we're expecting until end of April/beginning of May :))

No comments:

Post a Comment