Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

January 16, 2010

Close Call

On this beautifully "I can actually feel the sun" Saturday in Minnesota, I am very thankful that my friend Melissa and I were not in a head on collision this morning.  You see, as I was waiting at a stop sign to turn out of her subdivision we were almost hit head on by a truck that wasn't paying ANY attention to where he was going or staying in his lane.  I was in my lane waiting to turn left - not sure how that would have been 'no fault' (stupid MN no fault crashes).  It really was a close call.  So - I'm thankful for the guardian angel that was with us and for my car still being in one piece.  We were headed on our way down to Roseville for Schmitt Music's Piano Teacher Recital workshop.  Well worth the 2 hours we spent there!  It was so nice to have a friend to go with this year.  I'm also thankful for job security.  Looking around the room, I left feeling very young and fashionable (lots of ugly sweaters) and it reminded me that I have great job security in the piano teaching world.  The average age of piano teacher in that room today - probably 47.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment