Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

January 26, 2010

Toddler's Busy Book

So it’s winter in MN. The ground is completely frozen – the sidewalks are covered in ice and snow. There is hardly any melting so you really can’t play outside especially during the negative wind-chill temperature days … so before I sound like I’m complaining instead of being thankful … J let me say today I am very thankful for simple books like “The Toddler’s Busy Book” which can be checked out of the local library.

I have a busy little guy. He never stops moving. Therefore, I rarely stop moving. During the warm months this is easy to enjoy by just moving ourselves outside to a playground. However, I’ve been finding it challenging to keep myself from getting bored being inside so much and I have to think E-man gets bored too (although he is so good natured he seems to find fun in every corner of the house). I did some research for idea books and found this one. The ideas are simple but so great. They give a list of things to collect and/or purchase. So much of it is stuff you probably have laying around the house. Today while we were running errands I bought a few things to help us complete some of the activities on my list for this week. I’m looking forward to doing these with E-man. Thank goodness for a mom who took the time to write down 365 ideas of fun things for toddlers to do – age appropriate, developmentally right on … as she says – day care providers and preschools lesson plan to make sure your child is getting lots of different learning experiences, so why not try to pick one or two activities to do a day?



I’m taking the challenge – we’ll see how it goes. So far it has been easy! :) Today’s activities: Sheet tent and maybe a masking tape racetrack on the floor. The busy toddler is waking up from his nap ... here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment