Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

January 18, 2010

Errands

Today's moment of gratitude is simple.  I am thankful for the very quick bank teller at Premier Bank this afternoon.  Although depositing money at most banks can be done through a drive-through situation, Premier Bank does not have this option.  So, every week, I make the trek (usually with E in tow) into Walmart to deposit money for our church.  I'm happy to do this but it does take a little bit of extra effort on my behalf and a desire to drag the precious child out of the house in the dead of winter in MN.  So, today, I decided to make a quick stop on my way to teach piano.  I had already safely deposited E-man at my parents home and was keeping my fingers crossed that I would get a teller who would quickly print my receipt because I had literally a 5 minute window before I needed to be back in my car and driving down Lexington.  So - today - I'm thankful for the girl who did my deposit in under one minute.  This probably means I avoided talking with the other women who know me as a 'regular' and I have become friendly with - but it was necessary and I was thankful for someone who did her job so efficiently that it sent me on my way on time and saved me another trip out of the house with E-man.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment