Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

September 22, 2010

Applesauce



PINK.

I was raised eating pink applesauce.  Homemade applesauce.

My Mom said today she put it out at just about every dinner when we were growing up and I think that's true.  I grew up on applesauce - yummy, tart, applesauce.  NOT the store bought kind - I can hardly eat that stuff still ... [thanks Mom!].  :)  Thankfully, my Mom lives close enough right now, that we can make applesauce together during apples season and she shares with me.  Today, my great Aunt Liz and her daughter Pat joined us!  It was a big help to have 2 sets of extra hands.  E-man played with all of his toys at "Gamma's house" and was very well behaved as long as we fed him some applesauce every once in awhile.

We made about 63 quarts of applesauce today and that used up 4 bushels of apples plus a few bags of apples.  My Mom started around 8 and we all joined her around 9:30 and worked until 2:30ish.  She did all of the clean up/set up and putting out of lunch though (thanks Mom!!!).  It was a fun, productive day - we'll be enjoying the 'pink stuff' all year long!!


No comments:

Post a Comment