Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

September 11, 2010

Sweat-wearing Saturday

The past several weekends have been like this in our family ...

Celebrated a Bethel wedding in Nisswa, MN July 24
Celebrated Josh and Ann with a family shower in Chicago July 31 and joined Ross at Trout on Aug 2
Celebrated Ann by hosting her personal shower at our home August 7 - celebrated Mom's birthday the 8th
Camping with the Manders family near Jay Cook State Park August 13-14
Celebrated Kim and Luis's wedding in Atlanta, GA August 20-22
Celebrated Josh and Ann's wedding in Nisswa, MN August 27-29
Celebrated Christin and Jeff's wedding in Waunakee (Madison), WI September 3-5

This schedule has been filled with joy and laughter, smiles and picture-taking, dancing and gift opening and lots of memory making.  It has also led to one very tired family. So, having a weekend where we didn't have to travel more than a few minutes in the car and we could enjoy staying in sweats all day has been a true treat!  I'm thankful for our love-and-people filled life but I'm also thankful for a weekend where we can be a little more introverted and laid back.

No comments:

Post a Comment