Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

September 19, 2010

Clean Carpets

Seems kind of lame to be thankful for clean carpets ... I know ... but my mom-in-law loaned us her carpet cleaner this weekend and we borrowed my parents nice vacuum and we got down to business cleaning the downstairs bedroom carpet and our stairs leading up to our main level.  We have had 2 girls living in that bedroom over the past 3 years and we are ready to now use it as a room for our family (mostly a playroom) so it was time to deep clean the carpet.  I'm thankful we saved money doing it ourselves and I think the main level is going to get cleaned sooner than later.  It took less time than we thought and it dried within 24 hours.  We also were chemical free because we used water, a splash of vinegar and a little bit of Dawn's eco-friendly soap as our cleaning solution.  I like knowing what we're cleaning with ... it feels safer that way and we still got lots of dirt out of the carpet.  So, thanks parents for loaning us your equipment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment