Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

September 2, 2010

"Enjoy Your Day"

A friend told me to "Enjoy your day" this morning and I thought to myself ... I really am going to enjoy this day.  It was a day where E-man and I actually stayed home ALL day (I can't honestly remember the last time we did that together).  We had a friend over for a bit in the morning and they played super well. Over the course of the morning, pre-friend coming over, and during nap time, I was able to complete 3 different personality-type assessments I needed to get done.  I even had time to fall asleep while E was napping.  I did some practicing of the piano for the wedding weekend #3 coming up.  In general, it was a low key, laid back kind of day.  I knew I would enjoy this evening, too.  My very good friend Stephanie turned 28 this past weekend and we went out to celebrate her golden birthday.  It was 10 years ago I met Stephanie and Mel on my freshman floor and they are still amazing friends in my life and it was a treat to get to spend some time with them over dinner.  Don Pablos also deposited 10 dollars on my rewards card for my 'anniversary' with them so I ate there for .84 tonight!  Stephanie and I headed to see The Switch at the AMC for 5 dollars (score!) after dinner and it was so sweet and funny.  (Side note:  Ross ended up playing a make-up baseball game tonight for his league and was VERY LUCKY to score Caroline as a babysitter at about 5 p.m. tonight).  I enjoyed my day and I'm thankful for the normalcy of just hanging around home and I'm thankful for the special night out with my beautiful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment