Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

June 1, 2010

An "Achiever" Kind of Day

So - one of my top 5 strengths according to the Strengths Finder Assessment is "achiever".  One brief summary of this strength is: "People strong in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive."  In a more detailed summary it describes how "achievers" take great satisfaction in making task lists and crossing items off the list.  Oh this is so VERY me!  Today I am thankful for a day that fed the 'achiever' in me.  :) Here is today's list!  


walk 2.63 miles (to bank to deposit checks and take out cash)
quick shower
call Northtown Library to get E-man registered for Toddler Story Time
drop off books at Library 
go to Costco with Mom to stock up for the next few months
Renovation money (enter, email, fill out deposit slip)
email Park Free order of service to Pat
email Jo Ellen re: Sunday service
practice for Sunday 
go to Walmart to deposit Renovation money
go to DMV to renew tabs on van 
make lasagna for dinner (first meal from my June monthly meal plan!)
Bike ride with family


There are definitely things NOT on the list like a spontaneous gmail video chat with Krista, a tea party with E-man, lunch out at a DQ Grill with Mom and E-man ... so there is always room for fun but boy did it feel good to have a day like that after a long, relaxing (not very achiever oriented) weekend.  







No comments:

Post a Comment