Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

June 14, 2010

New Piano Students

As I was doing a lot of money stuff this morning and talking through our summer finances with Ross the past few weeks, I am again reminded of how God provides.  I do not require my students to take lessons during the summer and I basically get 'laid off' from Keyboard Kids for the summer months, so our finances really do change for June, July and August.   Each lesson I teach in the summer, I am grateful for because it means I'm earning some income - even if it's much smaller than the normal school year.  I received news over the weekend and today about at least 2 confirmed new students I will be starting in the next 2 weeks.  There are a few others who are still 'pending', too.  I'm very thankful for each one of these new students and their families.  I'm looking forward to getting to know them as students and as people and I'm grateful for God's provision through these new students, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment