Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

June 29, 2010

From the Mouth of Adrienne

[Scene:  A gorgeous MN 75 degree sunny evening.  Chad and Ross are at baseball practice.  E-man and I decide to go to play with Ade and Will since they have been out of town for a bit.  E-man and I are approaching the playground by the ball field and we shout out hello to Ade.]

As we come closer, Ade looks up with a really happy and content smile on her face and she says to me, "I knew E-man was coming tonight."  I ask"How did you know that?"  Ade says, "I just knew it."  I question,"Did you feel it in your heart he would be coming?"  She replies, "Well, Jesus and E-man live in my heart so I just knew he would be here tonight."  (I believe her - she really loves him in a special way.) I say to her, "So what does your heart look like, where they are?" She answers "They each have their own hotel right next to each other because my heart is very nice inside." :) I ask, "May I come and visit them since I love Jesus and E-man?" She replies "Well it might be a good idea if you live with E-man because someone has to change his diapers and stuff."

What a great privilege to be the aunt to such a neat girl.  I asked her if she would draw me a picture of her heart some day because I'm pretty sure she has it in her minds eye.

Tonight I'm so very thankful for Ade and that she has Jesus living in her heart!!  What a blessing that girl continues to be to me.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! We love that girl too and she is such a sweet friend to our daughter Anna.

    BTW - Hi Emily! I kind of stalk your blog! I think I met you at Pam's house once? We know them from daycare. But I am also in a small group with Mel and Kyle! Small world. I do enjoy reading your blog. It inspires me to take time to think about what I am grateful for each day!

    ReplyDelete