Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

June 29, 2010

Monday: Octagons and Shadows

Ross was meeting with our roommate and her fiance tonight doing some pre-marital talking since he's marrying them at the end of the summer.  E-man loves both Christin and Jeff, so to be less of a distraction, I decided to walk while they were over (plus the sun was FINALLY out!).  We're walking along and I'm thinking about how gorgeous of a night it is when I hear E-man beginning to repeat a word over and over again.  "Ahtobon" ... hmmm ... "Oc-ca-gon" ... he's also pointing at something when it hits me he is saying "Octagon" whenever he finds a stop sign!  Oh this discovery made me smile for many minutes.  We found some triangles too (Yield signs) and we had a blast talking about shapes on our walk.  We stopped at the park for awhile and E-man quickly asked to play 'bastaball' which means running around on the basketball court chasing his shadow.  I will try to get video of this because it is really too funny.  So he chased his shadow (narrowly missing the basketball hoop poles) for probably 15 minutes running the entire time.

I'm thankful for E-man and his antics.  He's a joy and a blessing and the cause of much laughter and many smiles these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment