Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

June 10, 2010

Catching Up - A Peak into my Week

Monday - I was grateful for a walk with a friend at Long Lake park.  It was beautiful and I always enjoy company when walking.   I also had a good night of 'make up' lessons in Shoreview and I was able to get some work done for Park Free (I'm leading worship there this summer).  


Tuesday - I was grateful for a visit with another friend who is going off to Oregon for the summer.  It was fun to process life and share some stories from my 'past' with her.  She helped entertain E-man on a very rainy day.  Is there anything much better than sharing grilled cheese and tomato soup with a friend on a cold, rainy day?  (Grateful!)  I also saved my computer from projectile vomit and E-man only ended up getting sick twice, ran a low grade fever but he slept well over night and woke up a new little man. 


Wednesday - I was grateful for E-man waking up healthy and ready to go.  His appetite was back and I didn't get puked on once today!  Woohoo!  We took a nice morning walk, played play dough, worked on his thank you cards for his birthday gifts (he helped color them), Christin did bubbles with him out on the deck, after lunch and nap time we ran around outside for awhile before Ross came home and then we had a yummy spaghetti dinner and went to Kohls to find great deals and I'm very grateful E-man was well behaved while both Ross and I did some shopping.  I am thankful I may have found 2 dresses for all of the various weddings/events of this summer (on sale and then another 30% off - can't beat it!).  It was a fun family night! 


Thursday - I was grateful to share an almost 4 mile walk with the Johnson girls this morning.  After some play time, we pretty much had lunch, nap time (I cleaned up a bit with great plans to do more deep cleaning tomorrow - please rain!! so I will feel motivated to clean- how does a house get so icky so fast?!) and then we headed out for my last Thursday at Keyboard Kids for this school year.  I had 11 students absent (at last day of school parties, etc.) so it was a quiet night but I got to help my boss with a big mailing project and we chatted while we worked - she's great.  I'm thankful her! :) I'm looking forward to having another night with my family during the summer ... I really treasure those times since the school year finds me out and about many evenings teaching until after E's bedtime  ... so bring on lazy summer nights when the sun doesn't go down until like 9:30! :) 


Friday - I'm anticipating being grateful for date night with Ross before he leaves for the Boundary Waters next week.  I'm also prayerful for my cousins who lost their dad this past week and his funeral is tomorrow (Friday).  I'm thankful my mom was able to go down to be with my cousins and extended family during this time of sadness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment