Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

June 15, 2010

Strawberry Jam

This is the 3rd year in a row my mom and I have canned strawberry jam.  It's delicious and it's hard work for a few hours.  Stirring strawberries, pectin and butter to a rolling boil, adding sugar and stirring continuously for a second rolling boil, over a hot stove, takes a toll on any age of back/neck.  It is so worth it though!  I don't think I've purchased jam once in the past three years.

It's fun learning how to can with my Mom, too.  Good memories are made each time.  E-man was with us today and he's changed so much since we started canning jam together in Minnesota - holy cow!  The first time he was just weeks old - last year he wasn't walking yet and fairly content to sit in one place as long as he had a pile of toys around him - this year he's running, walking, talking and very much knows his mind.  It's fun to think about how much our lives have changed and the different kinds of things we talk about while canning together.

Thanks Mom! It's so delicious!

1 comment:

  1. These precious memories will be with you both the rest of your lives. Wonderful!! The jam looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete