Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

June 19, 2010

Single Mom Thankfuls

I have been a single mom since Tuesday night.

I know this does not compare to permanently being a single mom because I do know Ross will be back in the picture very soon.  However, it gives me a greater appreciation for single mom's and all of the tasks they HAVE to do because they don't have someone else on their team to make the assist.

Some of the things I don't usually do that I have done in the past couple of days ...

-taking out the trash and recycling and bringing them back into the garage
-bath time and bed time routine every night
-played at least 100 games of catch with E-man
-put away bowls on the tippy top shelf by getting out the stool
-rocked out to "Mess of Me" by Switchfoot with E-man at least 5 times
-killed at least 50 ants in the kitchen tonight (SIGH - UGH - ICK)
-moved the refrigerator during the ant process and found 2 OLD ICKY bags of Friendship bread starter that had fallen back there (I have NO idea when that happened and why no one told me) and had to figure out how to remove them without spilling the contents and/or puking - ew ew ew ew ew (this would be a very "ROOOOSSSSS" task - that's me yelling for him :))
-stayed up way late because I just don't like falling asleep by myself - once asleep I can stay asleep but I'm used to having someone else around ... 6 years later I have finally come to appreciate having someone else next to me bed (this has definitely taken some adjustment!)


I am super tired and it's not like E-man is even that difficult of a kid to hang out with 24-7.  I have even had some nice sanity breaks thanks to my parents.  

24-7 single-parenting is exhausting - so I salute all of you - you are incredible people!  Thanks for everything you do for your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment