Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

August 12, 2010

Brain Overload

I have a lot to be thankful for after many great conversations that have occurred this week but I am kind of on brain overload in a good kind of overwhelming way so I've been slacking on my gratitude blog.  So - I'll just say I'm really thankful for all of the friends in my life who I have chatted with this week - some new and some old.  I'm blessed and I am loved and I am looking forward to the future although I'm not sure exactly what it entails - with God leading and guiding, it's sure to be an adventure.  I hope I can be obedient and in tune with where the Spirit is leading our family.

Here's my prayer tonight ... thanks Dave Lubben ... :) (Side note: It's a beautiful song you should listen to on itunes if you don't know it.  Promise you won't regret it!)

I want to be, where you are.
I want to know, who you are.
So when you call my name, 
I'll say to you "here I am."
I'm listening Lord, speak to me.

I want to see, how you see.
Change my heart Lord, and make me holy.
If there's anything in my life,
That doesn't honor you tonight.
I'm listening Lord, speak to me.
Speak to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment