Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

August 8, 2010

What a weekend!

Saturday dawned with a long list of things to get accomplished - shopping, baking, making, decorating, cleaning, getting ready to host Ann's personal shower/bachelorette evening at my home all with E-man in my care as Ross was still heading home from Trout Lake.  Needless to say, I didn't stop moving until about 11:30 last night and then there was a huge lightning storm that kept me up for awhile.  I think everyone had a great time and there was lots of laughter and good food and fun presents.  Ann has super sweet girlfriends and it was really fun to celebrate Ann and Josh's upcoming marriage together!  I'm grateful I was able to be a part of this fun night.


          
This morning came very quickly and dawned VERY hot and VERY sticky.  Church at Park Free was really neat.  There was a spontaneous moment during our corporate Praise and Prayer/Sharing time that tied directly into a song God had laid on my heart to do after the sharing time this week and it made me very aware of how real and active the Holy Spirit is and I'm grateful for that reminder that happened during the service today.  After church, I met up with the rest of our family and went to Applebee's for Mom's birthday and then we had DQ ice cream cake back at Mom and Dad's for her birthday.  It was fun to be together to celebrate my Mom turning double nickels!  :)

I have friends who are walking through some hard times in their life and the life of their family and it makes me realize how our family is really in a season of celebration.  I'm trying to enjoy it while being very busy and very present at the same time because I know this is a special, once-in-a-life-time season in the life of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment