Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

August 6, 2010

Sounds of Camp

I am grateful to be home from camp.  At the same time I am grateful for the days we were able to spend at camp as a family.  One of my biggest gratefuls of the week were the sounds I heard while walking around the camp with E-man and Ross ... here are just a few of them ...

- There is nothing better than the sound of kids cheering each other on during a competition and shrieking with laughter and giggles.
-  Teens jumping up and down and singing their hearts out during chapel time is music to my ears.
-  Camp staff teasing one another and enjoying friendship while working is a great sound.
- The sound of paddles pushing the water as campers canoed along side of us down The Hidden River.
-  Numerous campers asking E-man for a high-five or fist bump and saying "He's so cute!!"
- The silence of the woods on a very still day is refreshing to my ears.
- The sound of wind blowing through the trees and ushering in cool breezes is glorious.
- Goats 'maaaaaaing' and horses stomping and chickens clucking are sounds I don't hear every day.
- The clank of plates and cups during plentiful, yummy meal times is a blessing.
- Hearing Ross tell teens about God's love story and encouraging them to grow in their relationship with Christ was great.  
- The roar of a boat engine out on the lake makes me smile as I think about all of the fun water sports happening on the water.
- The tweeting of the birds and sound of acorns falling and the rustling of a fawn in the brush reminds me that I am very much out in nature.

I'm grateful I have ears to hear these things and I'm thankful for a God who is a creative master in giving us the sense of 'hearing'.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment