Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

August 31, 2010

Pay Day!

I'm always grateful when pay day roles around as it comes once per month at Bethel.  After a crazy wedding gift/shower/wedding travel season during the month of August, I was way ready to see Ross's paycheck come into our account and thank goodness, just like clock work, it appeared today.  I'm thankful for direct deposit and the reliability of his income and place of work.  They are always on time and we never have to wonder if it's going to show up!  I realize not everyone has that same kind of reliability these days which makes me thankful for what we can count on during 'these economic times'. :)

I'm also glad we were able to spend some quality time with Jill and Jake tonight.  We went out for dinner and then spent time with them this evening.  They are easy to 'chill' with and it's always good to have some time together - so thanks Jill and Jake for sharing your evening with us!  We love you guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment