Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

August 20, 2010

Favorite E-man'ism's

I'm thankful for E-man's amazing language development.  It's so fun to listen and watch him learning ALL of the time.  Here are a few of his latest ...

"I don't like dis, take it off!" (In reference to his Tuxedo for Josh and Ann's wedding)

"Nooooo ... jammieeeeees!" (He hates getting out of his pjs when the time comes each day)

First thing he says to me this morning when I went to get him out of his bed "Mama, play catch?!" We got all set to play and he says "I need helmet".  He promptly went to find the salad spinner bowl for his helmet.

He sings all of the time - often during almost our entire walk through our neighborhood and usually it's about joy and Jesus and a lot of other topics I can't quite 'catch'. :) Often in the middle of a song he will pause and sing "READY SET GO!" and then the volume of singing gets louder.  Then as he wraps up one song he will say to himself "anoder one? okay yeah, ready set go" and off he goes singing again. Too funny!  He is very good at spotting every park on our walks and likes to remind me "Mama, I wanna go park"

"TB?" (TV - he still enjoys an episode of Sesame whenever he's allowed) "Wanna watch Elmo - right dere (meaning on the computer)."

His favorite Bible story characters are "Moses" and "Big Moses" (our Bible shows him as a baby and a man :)), "Daniel",  "Da-bid" and "JESUS!"

You should hear his french language development - oh my oh my!  Ann and Josh have been working on this with him - "Bon jour!" and a few other phrases are normal to hear from him.

I came home from a meeting a the church I work at and E was sitting in his chair eating lunch chatting with his babysitter.  He looked at me and said "Mama, work? Mama teachin' piano kids?" I was floored! I told him I was at work but working at the church.

He sang the entire song "We Fall Down" into the microphone at Park Free the Sunday they came to church with me.  I had been practicing that one at home during the week and he nailed it.  He calls it "Holy, holy"

We're working on the please and thank you issue - he knows the words but more often needs prompting of when to say "please" ... he'll get it! :)

I just asked him what some of his favorite things are (totally no leading) and he said "Church!" and "Holy, holy"!  Haha!

"I need help!" "HEEELLLLLP" etc.

He's got lots of Psalty the Singing Song Book episodes memorized - even down to the dialogue.  There is this one part where Psalty is talking about giving Blooper a bath and EVERY TIME E goes "I like baths!" until I acknowledge I heard him.

No comments:

Post a Comment