Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

August 31, 2010

Wedding Weekend #2

We had a blast at Josh and Ann's wedding!

Everything went so smoothly and all of the planning paid off (grateful).

Here is a list of some of my 'grateful' moments from the weekend.

-Everyone experienced safe travel (We had family and friends coming from ALL over for this wedding.  Josh's best man, Peter and his wife Sarah, experienced a tired blow out in IA and we're thankful they made it safe and sound.)

-The weather was gorgeous all weekend.  We were able to do outdoor pictures on Saturday like Ann wanted!

-The photographer was SO kind, flexible, easy-going and pleasant to be around.  Seriously - if you have been around the opposite kind of photographer you know how annoying they can be ... Joe was fabulous and really added to the whole day with his personality!

-The actual ceremony really was a testimony to God's faithfulness and love in both Ann and Josh's lives. My Dad did a great job and I think everyone was touched by how personal his 'charge' to them as a couple was ... so special!

-E-man was able to get a good nap thanks to Josh and Ann being flexible with when E showed up for pictures and Angela watching him while the rest of the family was doing pictures.

-E-man made it down the aisle, running, winging the ring-bearer pillow around, did a little jump and roar at the end of the aisle, ran to the guy who was bringing him to the nursery and clapped for himself - so in turn - everyone clapped for him - it was so funny and he did great in his tuxedo.  

-We had so many special friends from PA and family members travel long distances to support our family.  It was really fun to see them all and celebrate with them.  I think they all enjoyed watching
E-man dance the night away :) ...

All in all, this past weekend was so fun and we are so happy for Josh and Ann Ridder! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment