Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

July 3, 2010

Fun Friday

Ross had today off because although most Bethel employees have off for the 4th of July on Monday, Ross starts speaking at Bethel's Basketball Camp starting Monday, so he took of Friday to be with us instead of Monday.

The morning started off bright and early at 6:30 with Ross heading out for some guy time and me and E-man had breakfast and took an early morning walk.  It's a pretty time of day to be outside walking - we both enjoyed it!  Then we moved on to time with the girls.  Ross took E-man, Nora and Maizy up to E-man's room to play so we could have some space to chat.  It was good to get caught up a little bit on each other's lives.  I was able to snuggle Eliza for a good amount of time and I forgot what an arm work out little one's are - she's precious and it was good 'baby' time. :)

After the girls went home, we organized our meal planning for July and did a Target run for under 50 bucks for the next 2 weeks (minus bread milk and produce that might have to be restocked).  We then made a yummy lunch and everyone took a nap.

When E-man woke up, we went to Como Zoo for about an hour (right before it closed for the night).  It was deserted so it was very easy to see all of the animals and most of the animals were nice enough to be somewhat active for us.  After our trip to the Zoo we went to Chad and Pam's to help celebrate Ade and Mali's birthdays.  It's always fun to be with the fam and to watch the cousins.  I'm thankful we live near enough to each other to be able to celebrate the birthdays!

We had a really nice family day and for that I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment