Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

July 25, 2010

A Good Kind of Tired

We have had a really full weekend.  I don't mind being tired when it's from a lot of fun events.

A few highlights from the weekend ...

E-man had his "July" date with my parents and went to Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater and had a sleepover with the Ridder grandparents Saturday.

While he was having a blast, we took a nice walk on a beautiful Saturday and then came home to get ready for to leave for a wedding in Baxter, MN.  One of Ross's students was married near Nisswa yesterday - it was a beautiful wedding, very Christ-honoring and fun!  Her uncle owns Rafferty's pizza in Nisswa and he catered the reception so it was a pizza reception!  VERY FUN! :) While we spent more time driving to and from the wedding than actually at the wedding, it was well worth it.  Ann was in the wedding and Josh was an usher so we got to hang out with them a bit, too.  We also sat near Ann's parents and it was fun to chat with them during the reception.  I'm thankful for the chance to get to know my brother's future in-laws a bit more! I'm also thankful for our safe travels to and from the wedding.

This morning was an early morning as I got up to go lead at Park Free.  I am really enjoying my time leading the community there and Bob preached an insightful message about spiritual warfare.  Ross was able to go with his brother to Mill City Church and help introduce his brother to a bunch of fun people there and E-man went to Renovation with my parents.  It's weird to think all three of us were in different awesome churches this morning.

After church, I headed to my parents home and we had lunch with their Renovation house group.  It's always fun to hang out with church friends and eat yummy food.  Thanks for inviting us Mom and Dad!

I am also thankful for a nice long nap and a quiet Sunday evening at home.  We have a busy week ahead preparing for lots of different fun celebrations, swim lessons every night, hanging out with special friends and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment