Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

July 4, 2010

Weekend of Fun!

We've just continued to have a super fun weekend.  In order for the fun to continue to happen, I had to let go of my cleaning the house and errand running agenda.  Thankfully, I successfully let go of those agendas and fun was the name of the game!

Here are some [grateful] highlights from the weekend ...

Farmer's Market/Children's Museum/Cosetta's















Tacos for dinner and for dessert - fruit salsa *YUM*















A family walk to help me with my goal of 70 miles this month
A great morning at Park Free leading worship and enjoying the community within that church (I'm not gonna lie, I really enjoyed playing Patriotic "God of Country" Hymns for prelude.)
A few wonderful afternoon naps over this weekend and reading great books (finished Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah - HIGHLY RECOMMEND!)

Hanging out with Josh at the Ridder house ... eating yummy food and playing with fireworks















I am thankful for the many freedoms we daily take for granted in the U.S.A.  I could reflect on that statement for paragraphs, but instead I'll say I'm also thankful for the men and women who daily give of their time in service of our country.  I'm also thankful I grew up in an area of the country that is so rich in  'beginnings of our country' history.  Hope my readers had a fun celebration of the 234th birthday of our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment