Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

July 26, 2010

Miles and Camps!

So I am currently a mile above my highest monthly total since March and I have 5 more days of walking to go!  Woohoo!  I'm thankful for a July filled with lots of sunshine and I'm thankful for the many friends I've shared walks and talks with over this month.

Also - a random thankful ... next week Ross is going to be speaking to the junior high campers at Trout Lake Camp.  Originally, we decided I would come up Tuesday after teaching piano on Monday.  Today, as I looked over my piano teaching calendar, I realized I had blocked off next week so I'm free to go up and hang out with him earlier!  Woohoo!  I'm really looking forward to hanging out at Trout with Ross and the campers and E-man and I'm not going to lie - I'm really looking forward to someone else preparing our meals for a whole week!

Ross is also headed back to Bethel tonight to speak to the women's volleyball camp happening there - I'm thankful for lots of great speaking opportunities for Ross to share the love of Jesus with all ages and stages of people.  I am thankful he has NOT been bored one bit this summer with all of the college students gone for the summer.

In the mean time - I have much to keep me busy and I'm thankful for lots to do for lots of fun events coming up in our family and friends' lives.

(Side note - today is my nephew William's birthday and I'm thankful for him and his dimpled smile.  He is always up to something and I love his mischievous grin.  Happy 4th birthday "Will-will"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment