Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

July 15, 2010

Wednesday Thankfuls

I am thankful for a friend who doesn't even notice when I show up to our ice cream date wearing ...



and when I said to her, "Angela, look at my FEET!"  She said, "Your toes are super cute!" 

To which I said, "No, look again at my shoes! (Gasp)!"  I didn't realize I had two different sandals on until I was walking across the parking lot to The Village Scoop and felt the unevenness between the soles of my sandals.  Yeesh.  :) 

I'm also thankful for a friend who enjoys ice cream like I do ... 


and for a friend who shares her life with me in a very authentic way.  It was again good for my soul to be with you, friend!  I appreciate a friend who isn't embarrassed to be with my mis-matched self in public. :) Thanks Angela for spending your Wednesday evening with me at The Village Scoop. 

(Disclaimer: While they have okay ice cream, the people working literally closed the shop on us at 9:15 and it's supposed to be open until 10 p.m.  They made us feel so uncomfortable we left - I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking forward to sitting inside (AWAY FROM MOSQUITOES) and enjoying conversation past 9 p.m. :) However, if you're looking for a place in the middle of 2 certain suburbs of the Cities, it makes a GREAT location to catch up with a great friend.)  



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being such a good friend to me. Love you! and I'm linking my blog over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO bummed...the pictures won't load!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, the pictures just loaded for the first time for me and I look EXACTLY like the my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete