Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

October 23, 2010

Catch Up

It's amazing how a few days speed by and suddenly I realize I haven't paused to update by 'grateful moments' blog ... so here is a catch up from this past week.

Wednesday

I had the privilege of hanging out with some great kids on Wednesday.  I have known these guys since 2004 (when they were much younger and shorter :)).  Their parents were a part of the worship ministry I led at Salem Baptist (now Grace Point).  Since that time, we have moved to Blaine (closer to this great family) and we are all now a part of Renovation Church and I have the honor of teaching these two guys piano and their parents are great people and friends of ours ... so that's a little background.  E-man LOVES and ADORES these two 'big' boys so it was a fun day for us to get to hang out with them.  We headed down to the MN Zoo and I'm thankful for such a great place to walk around and visit with all sorts of animals.  Everyone was well-behaved and it was just a fun day for all involved that concluded with piano lessons and playing guitar hero at my house.



Thursday

I had a meeting out in MG in the morning and I'm so thankful for Stephanie who watched E-man along with her girls, so I could attend this meeting kid-free.  Meanwhile, I knew E-man was in great company.


It was a productive meeting, clarifying my role and how I can help another church out in the area of 'worship' and I'm excited to be consulting with Woodridge's IMPACT worship ministry for the next few months.  Upon arriving home, I was grateful to spend some time with Stephanie and Mel - a rare treat since Mel is a busy first grade teacher, but MEA allowed for us to sneak in a little time together.  I also was/am in the middle of a new (to me) author discovery - Brandilyn Colins.  Think Terri Blackstock - similar in that they both write 'Christian' suspense/crime/fiction.  These books are page turners and part of why I've been slacking on my blog writing.  So this week, I've been enjoying these books.  The best part about discovering a new-to-me author is that she has LOTS of books out so I can take out a whole 'series' from the library and not have to wait for her to publish another book.  I so enjoy when this happens!

Friday

Friday found me and E-man shopping with my Mom.  She's looking for stuff to help complete some new decorating/room changes in their house.  I was looking for lamps for the living room.  With it getting darker out, sooner, and some of our lamps being broken by a little dude or colored on :) ... it was time to complete a lighting upgrade.  I found some great brushed nickel lamps at Penney's and with my mom's coupons I got three lamps for 65 dollars!  Woohoo!!  (THANKFUL!)  I also decided to forgo doing some chores for reading out on my deck in the afternoon because it was so beautiful out and the weather people are predicting cold temps and rain for several days in a row.  I did manage to sneak in a few chores after enjoying my book for a while and getting some good vitamin D.  I'm thankful for Ross who supports me fully (whether I'm cleaning, reading a book or playing with E-man).  Yes, in the picture below, E asked Ross to read this cookbook to him.


We also enjoyed some good food and fellowship at a birthday party for Jeff, Christin's husband (our former roommate).

Saturday

FAMILY TIME! :) I'm always grateful for this and I'm looking forward to some Philly cheesesteaks while rooting for the Phillies tonight!  Baseball is something else that has kept me from my blog this week during the evening hours.  (See, I've had some pretty decent excuses :)).  I'm grateful for a fun-filled week during which a lot has been accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment