Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

October 15, 2010

Faith

There is a theme going on in my spiritual heart and soul right now.  It feels like the messages that are shouting loudest to me are about faith.  It just so happens I started doing the Bible study "Believing God" with Beth Moore a few weeks ago.  She started off with the challenging statement that 'the biggest thing paralyzing our country right now is the lack of belief that God is who He says He is and that God can do what He says He can do!' The biggest theme in my conversation with one of my spiritual mentors, Mrs. B, when I was at home in PA revolved around whether or not we have faith in God to provide for our every need.  Yesterday, a close friend sent me to this church's website elevationchurch.org/.  It's one of the fastest growing church's in our country, located in Charlotte, NC.  The messages from this pastor are challenging and very much calling us to evaluate what kind of "faith" we have in God and whether or not we are actively living in 'audacious faith'.  I listened to two of the teachings today and just went through one of their 'live' worship experiences online (amazing, cutting edge technology for the Church).  The theme continues and the way pastor teaches really resonates with me.  I appreciate his questions that take God's Word and cause it to come alive His people.  We'll see what God will continue to speak to me in regards to my faith in Him and what He is doing in our lives.  I'm thankful for this 'theme' in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment