Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

October 25, 2010

A Week Old - Chili Gratefuls

This 'thankful' moment is brought to you from the archives of my brain.  While driving almost 200 miles around the cities in the last 2 days, you would think I would have been quite inspired by my 'alone' time to come up with some life-altering, insightful, moments of gratitude.  Instead, I find my brain more in 'mush' mode but this shout out to friends who share their chili is a must tonight.

Last Monday night, I taught Treveon piano like I do every Monday night.  I smelled something yummy when I walked in the door and inquired about what was for dinner.  His Mom, Donna, sent me out the door with part of their delicious chili dinner.  Donna is a friend of mine from Bethel.  We were coworkers together and she is still a coworker of Ross.  What a blessing to go to teach piano and walk out with dinner and enough for leftovers!

Yesterday, Pam, Chad, Ade and Will let E-man hang out at their place so we could go to our small group for a few hours.  E was SO excited to hang out with them, he barely napped because he knew where we were going to take him after nap time.  He loves "Will-will" and playing "choochoos" and was SO pumped to spend time with them.  We spent some time hanging out with them after our small group and they shared their chili dinner with us.  Once again, I had a 'thankful' moment over a bowl of delicious chili, sitting around a table with our family.

Thanks friends and family for sharing your chili with our family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment