Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

October 6, 2010

NOISE

Ross, E-man and I were out for a brief walk before dinner tonight.  What a stunningly gorgeous fall afternoon.  




As we were walking and admiring the leaves on the trees Ross said, "We'd definitely have to rake if we owned a single family home".  With that statement, something dawned on me.  All day today I had been annoyed by the loud noise of lawnmowers, blowers, and machinery.  Several times, I was trying to listen to something on my computer and the outside noise got so loud I had to shut doors and windows so I could still hear my computer.  What I missed while I was feeling frustrated was the fact that all of my leaves and lawn care was being done FOR me, FOR US!  So, as we walked, I shared my frustration with Ross and then turned into a 'gratitude' moment.  I'm very thankful for the men who take care of our lawn and leaves.  They do a marvelous job and they keep everything looking beautiful in our neighborhood.  I'm thankful I can actually see our monthly association fee being put to good work.  I'm thankful for the time we don't have to spend on outside stuff, instead we can go play in a park together or take a walk together ... for this season of our life it's really convenient to not have to do outside work.
The leaves are at 50-75% peak right now in the Twin Cities - it's gorgeous but it also means there will be a lot of work coming for all tree owners!  Thank you to our lawn service who takes good care of the outside of our house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment