Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

October 31, 2010

Lots O Fun

I am thankful for joy, laughter and in general lots of fun!

It feels like life is flying by at a quick pace but I think that's mostly because we've just been enjoying so many fun activities with friends and family.

Thursday night of this week, Angela treated me to a session at Let's Dish.  We each came away with 9 meals after about 2 hours of time at my local Let's Dish.  I would HIGHLY recommend this meal-making spot, especially if you appreciate having meals 'ready to go' in the freezer like I do!  What a blessing to have a freezer full of meals.  It was nice to go with someone who had been to Let's Dish before so she could show me the ropes.  We actually got to chat a good amount, too, and I always appreciate conversation with Angela!  Ross and I enjoyed the Pink Ribbon Chicken Stir Fry last night.  It was really tasty with great flavor and fresh veggies and ready in under a half hour with easy to follow directions on the bag (minus that I forgot it was a half recipe so I added too much water to the rice but it was fixable!).  Thank you Angela!  I can't wait to go again with her in a few months as my treat! :) WOOHOO!!!!

Friday evening found us enjoying Aurelio's with my parents and Josh and Ann.  It was wonderful to spend time with them.  Upon leaving there, I went on to thoroughly enjoy some good girl catch up time while celebrating a close friend's birthday.  It was much needed and very relaxing to be with two people who I can always trust and just be myself with - refreshing!

Saturday morning we got our family ready and headed off to the Mill City Museum/Stone Arch Bridge area for family pictures. It was cold and a little windy but I'm sure Rachel got some great shots.  We then headed back home to pick up cookies to decorate, pumpkins and carving tools and went to my parents' house to carve pumpkins with Josh and Ann.  It was a spontaneous Halloween party and very fun. Everyone got really into 'creative' carving and we ended up with a Philadelphia Eagle, Elmo, Curious George, and a few others.


YUM!  



Carving


Our finished masterpieces - thanks Mom for watching E-man so we could carve!


A few of the finished products on Halloween night

Saturday evening we had the privilege of watching two of my favorite little sisters.  They are so fun and E-man LOVES spending time with them!  


We also got to visit quickly with some friends heading to a costume party.  They got ready at our house - they went as a dolphin and dolphin trainer.  Very funny!  

Halloween day found us at Chipotle after church enjoying 2 dollar meals and then enjoying a nap before heading out to trick or treat at the Grandparents' homes.  Ross also walked E-man around my parents neighborhood a bit and he got really into 'trick-or-treating', asking Ross to go to more houses.  All in all - I'm thankful for a wonderful weekend with lots of fun memories made!  


Me and my little monkey!  I promise he enjoyed wearing his "Monkey George" costume ... he just isn't all about posing for the camera these days :) ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment