Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

October 9, 2010

Extended Birthday Celebrations

Tonight we went to Axel's Bonfire Grill because with our rewards card, they send you a birthday 'gift' worth up to 29 dollars (for an entree') good for the month following your birthday.  So I enjoyed the most expensive item on their menu, a filet with smashed potatoes and green beans - YUM!!  I was telling Ross how weird it was this September to not eat ANY birthday cake (for various reasons cake was not a part of any of our celebrating).  I grew up eating at least 3 birthday cakes and a pie from Sept 17-Oct 3 each year because of our family birthdays.  So, Ross went to my parents house tonight to watch the Twins' came and unbeknownst to me, while we were at Target tonight, he bought a yellow cake and chocolate frosting, and he baked if for me at my parents' house.  He just walked in the door with my surprise birthday cake.  It's never too late to celebrate! :)  Thanks Ross! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment