Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

October 14, 2010

Fire Prevention (Wednesday Grateful)

So on Tuesday, I lit a Harvest Spice candle right before my piano students arrived.  When I arrived home from teaching some other students, I noticed the candle was still lit and the house was smelling spicy and warm.  I proceeded to watch 'The Good Wife' with Ross and I got myself a glass of water before going up to bed.  I remember thinking about blowing out the candle at various points during the evening.  

Fast forward to 2:39 a.m. - E-man is crying to let me know his nuk is no longer in his crib.  I open my bedroom door to go replace it for him and my nose is hit with Harvest Spice scent so strong it can only mean one thing.  

I run downstairs to see a very very low flame (thankful!!!!) still burning.  Obviously, I neglected to blow out the candle.  Since the wick is very short, the flame was barely flickering but still ... scary moment in the middle of the night.  

I'm very grateful our house did not burn down (along with the 4 others in our row!) and that we were safe and sound.  Boy did our house smell good for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment