Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

November 7, 2010

Dinner and a Movie

Dinner and a movie just so happens to be our typical 'go-to' date night.  I don't mean to sound less-than-thankful for this kind of date.  It's fun.  I'm spending one-on-one precious time with my man. We both enjoy eating and we both enjoying watching a movie.  Sometimes, I just crave a little more adventure.

So ... this weekend we had one of our favorite Bethel girls volunteer to hang out with the little dude.  E-man LOVES Caroline.  If you're my friend on facebook, you've seen videos of him and her.  They make each other giggle and she is one of Aunt Ann's great friends.  I was hoping for adventure on this date and while this may not seem totally different than our norm, it was in a neighborhood we don't really know and WE enjoyed our night very much!

We started off by attending church together at Cornerstone.  Ross leads worship at this church the 4th weekend of every month and they invited us to come check out how it's typically led by their regular worship leader.  PLUS - BONUS - Ross and I were able to attend church together!  I was grateful to be led by a great worship team/leader and it was really nice to just 'sit in the pew' as a couple.  We then hit up Sweet Taste of Italy - YUM!  It's a delicious little hole-in-the-wall with the best sweet garlic bread.  MMM MMM - I am always grateful for a good piece of bread and this stuff is special.  THEN ... we continued on to the New Hope Cinema Grill where Inception was playing for only 4 dollars a piece.  They serve food during the movie so we ordered dessert and our minds were tickled by a very intense movie.  My apple crisp was delicious and Ross enjoyed his Sundae and then we came home - actually a few minutes after 10 (we usually are back by 9 or so - Ha!). :)

We thoroughly enjoyed our night out, exploring a different part of the cities and being together.  Even though it was 'dinner-and-a-movie' it had a whole new fun twist being in different environment - perhaps that is the key to adventure - getting out of your five-miles-from-home zone.  Thanks Caroline for being with our little dude so we could have some time 'off'.  We appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment