Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

November 16, 2010

Speed

Today our wi-fi has been running SLOW for some reason but if I turn that around in my head ... I am grateful for a normally speedy internet connection that allows me to get a lot done in just a few short minutes.  I am thankful for websites that load within in seconds, being able to keep open several windows at once and for no dial-up tone!  I am thankful the internet is now a 'monthly' fee rather than the old days of getting so many 'minutes' per month to be online through 'AOL'.  Does anyone else remember the good ol' AOL, dial-up days?!  My first name was EMRID on Instant Messenger and AOL email.   I remember 'burning through' our family minutes and being urged to hurry up and being accused of running up our bill once our paid for minutes were out  ... we had the internet in our home around the time of Junior High ... isn't that crazy to think about?!  OH MY!  How times have changed.  The more I think about how slow and expensive things used to be (we're only talking about 15-18 years ago) the more I'm thankful for how fast our computer runs even on a 'slow' day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment