Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

November 13, 2010

It's Coco-Motion Season!

Today started with many things on my agenda.  Events like attending a brunch in Northeast Minneapolis, going with friends to get pedicures, and having a girls night recipe exchange became 'plans interrupted' by a heavy snowfall that began overnight and fell until around 1 or 2 this afternoon.  We probably have close to 6+ inches of very heavy, very wet snow.  The plows were very slow to get out and several of my friends' husbands who did venture out early this morning, recommended their wives not go out due to the sloppy conditions.  I am still very much a Pennsylvania girl at heart when the snow falls.  While I have MUCH improved my snow driving skills out of necessity, I am used to the entire world coming to a gigantic halt while everyone shovels out.  Needless to say, I'm still getting used to the Minnesota attitude of 'no amount of white stuff will keep me from (you name it)'.   I have been fighting a cold/cough - so it was actually a welcome excuse to stay home all day, nice and warm, drinking hot chocolate (especially yummy if made in a Coco-motion machine) and hanging with my boys even though I was looking forward to my event-filled day.

I ventured outside long enough to document E-man's first 'play time' in the snow and to get a little mad about a certain someone throwing snowballs at me.  :) The snow was perfect for building a snowman! :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel very much the same way about snow, and this whole, nothing stops for a MN snow, really gets me when I don't want to drive in it. :)

    What's a coco-motion machine? Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete