Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 26, 2010

30 Hour Tour

Jill and I have looked at our pictures from the last 30 hours at least 6 times since arriving safely back at her home (grateful).  I think we've been gazing at them so often because our wonderful trip went so fast and we're trying to absorb everything we just experienced.  From culture, to food, to new roads, to a new city, to history, and crazy weather - we have had a whirlwind wonderful trip.  We had a belated start due to weather and an abbreviated stay due to weather in the mountain passes but I'm thankful for those weather reports and for lots of quality road trip time with my sister.  Pictures are up on facebook.  We still have one more whole day together (possibly hitting the outlet stores)!  I think one of the things I'm most thankful for (along with sister-time) in the last 30 hours is the amazing creation masterpieces we have experienced from the Rocky Mountains to the desert of New Mexico.



Psalm 19

For the director of music. A psalm of David.
 1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
       the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
 2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
       night after night they display knowledge.

 3 There is no speech or language
       where their voice is not heard. 
[a]
 4 Their voice [b] goes out into all the earth,
       their words to the ends of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment