Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 4, 2010

Hugs from PA

A friend of the family from Newtown, PA has been speaking, teaching and sharing her story with the Bethel community.  She has been staying with my parents this week.  Although our schedules were opposite, I was able to sneak in 15 minutes of hellos with her today and in return she stood on the couch and gave me a bone crushing hug from Dave Secrest and a gentle hug from Karen Secrest.  Sylane also gave me hugs of her own.  I still miss Newtown and our church family on a regular basis and those hugs were a blessing to me and a reminder of a church body who has loved and supported our family for many years.  All of the 'adopted' aunts and uncles and cousins - surrogates for our family who lived far away most of my growing up years - all of these people influenced my life in big ways.  What a blessing they still are in our lives!  Thanks for the hugs, Sylane.

1 comment:

  1. I've got little tears from this entry. I love our 'FBCN' family and wish I could have gotten in on that hug action. There are so many times when I am just overwhelmed by God's family and the love that we share.

    ReplyDelete