Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 7, 2010

Weekend Gratefuls



1.  Friday night at home (I LOVE these more and more), watching Netflix instant play with husband (new favorite thing thanks to laptop) on our macbook.

2.  An already fairly clean house which allows us to get out and about do fun things Saturday morning like a trip to IKEA in search of a few household items. Found:  storage for Ethan's toys, bibs for 2.99, smock for finger painting, pants hangers - Ross's favorite - I'm not kidding, a new book shelf to help with my piano music storage.  Still looking: kitchen table.  Grateful for money able to be spent on these things.

3.  Fairly lazy Saturday afternoon.

4.  Great night out with good friends thanks to Footloose tickets Ross got me for Christmas - delicious food, great company and fabulous show - love the rebellious pastor's daughter theme.   Since we're not eating out until Easter - it was a welcome treat to eat out last night since tickets were purchased back in December.  Woohoo!

5.  E-man sleeping over with Bubbup (my dad, mom was out last night) so we could go out.  Grateful for another Sunday sleeping in kind of morning. Grateful E-man does so well with his g-parents and loves both sets of them so much.

6.  Renovation Church (www.renovationchurchmn.org) is a blessing in my life.  Even when serving in kids ministry I'm learning new things and getting to know very cool kids - I count it a privilege to be able to serve in that way.

7.  Lunch with friends we met while working at Salem, who now also go to Renovation, and live 2 miles from us.  I also teach their boys piano and they were SO good with E-man today.  So not only was the food delicious and conversation fun but E-man was totally entertained by nerf guns, chasing the boys around and watching the 'big' boys do their thing.

8.  A walk with Ross and E-man on a warm sunny afternoon. I'm actually sore from walking outside but it feels good and yes, E-man face planted in another puddle but he also went down slides and was swinging at the park today - I am SO GRATEFUL FOR THE SUN!!!!

9.  Productive hour or so during which I was able to do my "financial secretary" duties for Renovation and email out my billing for my piano students.

10.  House Group with Renovation people ... enjoying the friendships that are growing.  Our roommate watching E-man for us while we're at HG.  Thanks Christin!

1 comment: