Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 30, 2010

Oh the library ...

While I was gone I read ...

Fire by Night (Lynne Austin) - historical fiction about the Civil War
Words Kids Need to Hear - read on the plane ride home, now have Ross reading it
Love and War (John and Stasi Eldridge) - book on marriage, still in process, good so far
Lonely Planet's Guide to Santa Fe, Taos and Albuquerque
Redeeming Love (F. Rivers) - favorite book from past, listened to on CD with Jill while driving, still a favorite

I'm thankful for the library (once again) which provided all of my free reading material.

I am also thankful for the library because it provides a GREAT free "Story Time" for E-man on Tuesdays. We really only 'read' one story/board book together.  The rest of the time is spent doing poems and rhythms to music.  We also usually do one activity like ... bubbles or the parachute or musical toys.  At the end of class, the librarian brings out a big bucket of toys for everyone to play with - E-man is usually at the door waiting to go out by this point but we enjoy our time with all the other kids.  I could literally be paying for a very similar class with Music Together (we attended a check it out session there this fall) but this is so great because it's FREE!

So once again, I'm thankful for the local, public library!

1 comment:

  1. I love the book Words Kids Need to Hear. Great ideas. Also, my husband loves the library as much as you do I think. :)

    ReplyDelete