Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 22, 2010

Amy Jo

I was teaching piano tonight - last lesson down in the Shoreview area.  As I walked in, L's dad warned me that they had family visiting and he encouraged L to try to focus.  He let me know they were all heading to Bethel for dinner right after the lesson - so she had lots of exciting things going on ... well ... middle of the lesson, I glance up as someone exits the bathroom on the main level only to be looking at my RIOT (Bible study) leader from FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE.  AMY JO is L's aunt.  We freaked out for one second and then she wisely went back into the other room but I pretended I didn't see her and kept the lesson going but I was so excited inside!  At the end of the lesson, I was able to meet her 5 month old son and husband (who is L's Dad's brother) and give her a BIG squeeze.  What a SMALL, Bethel world!  It was so wonderful to hug this dear friend.  She helped me through one of the hardest, most transformational years of my life.  She was a true friend and a great encouragement and listener.  I am grateful for her friendship and mentoring in my life.  I love the connection we still share - I just know if we had coffee we'd be able to talk for hours.  I am thankful for the memories it brought back to me and for what a bright spot seeing her was in my day!

1 comment:

  1. AMY JO?! really? I loved her but never got a chance to get to know her. AND she has a baby. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete