Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 30, 2010

Sister Getaway Gratefuls

1.  I had more hours to chat with my sister on this trip than I have had in the past few years since she moved to CO.  Talking was delightful, inspiring, good for the soul.  No one knows me quite like my sister.  I can visit memories from our childhood without explanation of who this was or where we were ... she just knows.  We can talk about faith, marriage, family, work, and so much more with great ease.  We can laugh and tease and be serious and contemplative  I love my sister.  I am grateful for her just being her.




2.  I am grateful for safe travel and storm racing because we made the most of our time and saw some spectacular cloud formations due to the 'racing'.



3.  I am grateful Jake and Lexi shared their home with me more than was originally planned.  I really was blessed to hear about Jake's Grand Canyon backpacking experience first hand.  We shared some meals together and I enjoyed catching up with Jake, too!

4.  I am grateful that Santa Fe was a fun city to explore.  New Mexico is somewhere I would go back to and I would spend more time visiting national parks and historical places.  It was super fun to see a new state and experience a new culture.


5.  I am grateful for airplanes that take us high up in the sky and back to the ground in a quarter of the amount of time it would have taken me to drive to CO.  I am also grateful I was able to fly into CO Springs as it cut down on the driving time from Denver that we didn't have to do.

6.  Jill and I ended our last day together with a viewing of Crazy Heart (excellent, based in Santa Fe!!) and dinner with Jake and his dad Max.  What a special time!

7.  I am grateful my adventure was good for my soul and it even gave me a greater appreciation for my boys!  I was grateful to come home to them and lots of hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment