Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

March 20, 2010

New phone!

I realize I have been a little bit of a slacker this week when it comes to blogging about my 'thankful' moments.  We'll chalk it up to our stay-cation which was fun but threw the 'routine' and I'll warn you, I'm going away next week for a girls weekend in Santa Fe with my sister, so I might be not so on the ball again - we'll see.

This afternoon the Manders conquered TMobile.  Uf-dah ... E-man barely made it out of there sane.  I think it's funny how little kids are allowed to act out and interpret how their parents are really feeling on the inside.  For instance, we both find TMobile to be a stressful type of store.  You have to be working with a sales rep, and depending on who you get they can either be a pressure cooker or low key/almost not helpful or middle of the road and you don't get to pick.  They kinda pick you.  (Thankful) We got a middle of the road kind of girl today and she was super nice.  However, after the tedious checking out process and having to start all over because the computer lost our stuff after I swiped the credit card - on the inside, I was ready to scream and stomp like E-man was doing on the outside.

Long story short, I almost got a 3G with web/talk/text and app features but ... we decided we didn't want to pay an extra 50 dollars a month for an unlimited plan which we'd probably need if I'm using minutes up for web time.  Ross did ask me if it would take over my life and I don't *think* it would but just the way he asked me made me think it might (thank you Ross) and I'm not sure I'm ready for my life to change that much.  So - we ditched our contract (thankful) and now I have a new phone and unlimited texting (thankful) and 500 more minutes to talk per month  (thankful) for at least 10 dollars less a month (thankful) than we are currently paying for less texts and minutes (we get more for less because we no longer have an annual contract).

So - all in all - I'm thankful that errand is behind us and I think I'm satisfied with the decisions made in the crowded store.  I'm definitely grateful to have a new phone!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I hate that whole process too! Sounds like you've made wise decisions. It certainly helps to have a good husband, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete