Cultivating a Life of Gratitude

I am committing myself, during 2010, to attempt to cultivate a greater awareness of how much I have to be thankful and grateful for by sharing my daily findings and musings with you. It is my hope that by blogging about gratitude, I will be more aware of what is going on around me in my life, my family, my friends' lives and our world.

April 25, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies and Arizona

Does anything really beat the smell of Chocolate Chip Cookies baking or the taste of one freshly out of the oven?   I wonder who invented the chocolate chip cookie.  I will perhaps have to research it.  One of my new favorite CCC recipes uses buttered flavored shortening ... I know, I know ... but they are SO good.  I'm thankful for comfort foods like this on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I'm also grateful for the chance Ross and I will have to get-away at the end of June.  We just booked a trip to stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Spa and Resort.  We know it will be very hot and we are prepared for laying by the pool/floating in the pool, relaxing in our beautiful hotel and exploring a little bit of the Scottsdale area.  This is a trip to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary!  Hard to believe we're coming up already on 6 great years.  I'm thankful for Ross's willingness to save for travel because it means a lot to me and it's so fun to explore somewhere new together.  I'm also thankful for Gladys who helped us plan/book this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment