I know I missed yesterday, so in an effort to 'catch up' on all of my moments of gratitude in the past 48 hours ... here are a few 'of my favorite things' for which I am thankful for today (please sing Sound of Music in your head while reading this as that is one of my all time favorite musical movies).
1. Walking ... the weather has been gorgeous in MN and my goal for April was 25 miles but it looks like I'm going to be there today or tomorrow - so guess I'll just have to shoot higher! My goal is 50 miles a month by July. We'll see what happens ... I also am enjoying my new walking shoes - shape ups. Not only is walking a favorite thing to do it is also so good for my frame of mind. I often get to walk with favorite people, too. Here is a picture of someone E-man enjoys walking with very much.
2. Chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. YUM. I promised my 4th grade boys a treat because they worked really hard and completed a level of piano books in record time ... so I baked yesterday before I taught and all of my Thursday students got a treat.
3. Costco. I go about once a month to stock up on certain 'favorite' items. Here is a picture of the things I stocked up on today:
4. Trident Gum - yes, this gets it's own number. I have been a Trident gum chewer since elementary school when there was a 'no chewing gum' rule. It was my subtle rebellion - I think I only got caught once. I have been chewing it that long - original flavor. I have NO cavities (and so far no TMJ) and I believe it's because of chewing Trident. I used to chew it while in marching band, playing the frumpet and while singing in choir. I always sang in college choirs with gum in my mouth (gasp!). You will rarely find me without gum and yes, several pictures over the years reflect this habit as you can see the gum in my cheek. Bet some of you didn't know this fact about me!
5. Redbox gets a thumbs up from me today ... as well as netflix. My big plan for the evening is to enjoy dinner out with my parents and my Aunt Linda and then to come home, bathe the little dude and either scrapbook and watch a movie or just watch a movie. My selection of the evening is "Motherhood" ... you guessed it, Ross will not be joining me for this evenings viewing because of ...
6. OUTDOOR BASEBALL!!!! YAY!!!! Ross is going the Twin's FIRST ever regular season night game in their brand new stadium. I'm so excited for him and slightly jealous. I can't wait to go myself ... but I'm thankful he gets to go to such a fun 'first' this evening.
7. I'm really thankful for the chance to celebrate birthdays with family tomorrow, date night coming up tomorrow night and for the weekend. (I'm really excited to eat the Asian slaw I made to take to the birthday celebration.)
8. Oh - one final funny but thankful moment from today ... I was out to lunch with Mom and E-man when I masterfully spilled an entire small-ish glass of ice cold water on my pants ... and I was SOAKED. The kind where everyone stops to look at you and continues to watch you as you do the 'my pants are completely soaked' walk to get napkins to help dry things. The food wasn't even on the table yet so I knew I was in for a lunch with very wet pants ... however ... I paused for a moment and just was thankful that ... it was only water. It could have been worse!
May you find ways to be grateful even in the 'my pants are soaking wet' moments. Happy weekend!